Children's Social Care
Deputy Manager - The Lighthouse Children's home
This is an excellent opportunity to become a deputy manager of our expanding residential home which provides care for children with autism and learning disabilities.
The Organisation operates Outstanding homes with Autism Accreditation from the National Autistic Society.
- Required education - Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce Diploma with a Social Care pathway (or equivalent)
- Experience working with children or young adults with autism and multiple learning disabilities, who may display challenging behaviour
- Minimum 2 years or more of experience working as a Senior/Team leader in residential care and 4 years of working in a support environment
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to interact with a range of young people
- Ability to lead a team and to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide consistency of care and support to the young people
- Team Leading
- Shift Leading
- Supporting the manager to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the children's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Supporting young people to do their favourite things and try new activities at home and also outdoor activities. These include swimming and going on annual vacation.
- Providing high quality care to young people (including personal care)
Benefits for you:
- Flexible working hours weekdays and weekends
- Opportunity to work for an Ofsted Outstanding care organisation
- Fully funded induction and in house training
- Partly funded qualifications
- Excellent opportunity for progression within the company
- Full access to 100s of savings and offers available to staff including through the company benefit scheme ( ½ price cinema tickets, 6 % off 20,000 high-street shops, Free Mobile Insurance, Free Tastecard, Save over £300 per year on an Oyster card.)
- Access to Childcare vouchers
- Fully funded DBS
The job is full time and will consist of 37.5 hours per week on a shift basis. This includes working some weekends.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people we support and both our homes operate with a high staff to young person ratio.
All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Full time - Permanent
Raynes Park - SW20 £28,000 +
Salary: £28,000.00 + /year
Job Type: Full-time